Blogging tips

My Preggo Pics

I'm going to attempt three blog posts this week.  That's especially ambitious, considering I'll be single-parenting for most of it.  You just watch me.

I mentioned a few posts back that I was considering having maternity photos taken.  I've never had them done with previous pregnancies, and felt like if I ever wanted to document myself in this preggo state, it was now or never.

I knew I didn't want anything belly-baring or overly serious/pensive.  Having lost our last baby has made me more contemplative, scared and grateful during this pregnancy, but the joy and humor of being pregnant again has not been swept aside - and I wanted to capture that.

I found a really wonderful, kind and patient photographer here in Rio, who just had a baby herself.  I think she registered just what I was hoping for.  Having Ipanema Beach as a backdrop didn't hurt, either!
What d'ya think?


all photos by Daniela Justus

9 comments:

R. J. and Heather said...

gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Your positively glowing Alison- the photos are gorgeous!!! xoxo

Kirsten said...

So beautiful. What a great idea. I always avoid the camera during pregnancy. Your photos make me realize how beautiful and wonderful our bodies are, to be able to bring a little life into the world.

My Interior Life said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love these and they totally capture the essence of you (or as I know you through your blog)!

xo
Kathy

LindsB said...

you look just beautiful!! LOVE having that beach as a backdrop too, so special!

Studio Yuko Jones said...

Gorgeous photos! You're glowing with happiness :) Makes me want to have another one and have a preggo photo shoot of my won. Enjoy this very special season of life!

bluehydrangea said...

You look amazing!! I so wish I had taken more photos when I was pregnant!! What a wonderful way to remember this special time.

MFAMB said...

so cute. like a pregnant button of cuteness.

Anonymous said...

Wow les photos sont magnifiques, specially the one at the beach! So calm, so beautiful! Superbe.

Post a Comment